Jun 12, 2010

Takin' the day off!

Wow, these new templates are pretty cool! I chose this one because it's nice and clean and easy to read. I figure I'm confusing enough as it is so at least I can keep the format simple.

Oh yeah, once in a while you just have to say the heck with everything and take a mental health day! Went up to my mom's Thur. in Port St. Lucie (or as she calls it, Port St. Loser) and got to visit with my niece and nephews that I haven't seen since 1980! I am ashamed to say that. But Texas is kind of far and my life up to recent history has been sort of kooky and all over the place, as has theirs. (Not that my life is any less kooky sometimes, but I'm a lot older and don't care as much.) So it happens sometimes. But it was as if no time had passed at all. They were the same sweet kids they've always been.

They wanted to go to the beach. Understandable since they live in Arlington which is pretty far from the ocean. Here's my nephew posing for the Sports Illustrated swim suit edition



Here's my niece taking a picture of me taking a picture of her


This is big bro #2. He lives up in PSL.

And here's me catching some foam at the end of a pretty good ride. You can definitely see someone hasn't gotten very much sun this winter.



This was one of those impromptu things. We had to go to Kmart to get bathing suits and rent a big old foam board and boogie board. I have to say though impromptu is the best kind of fun :)

4 comments:

knittingdragonflies said...

I love it! Isn't it fun when it is a spontaneous thing? Everyone looks like they are having a great time!
I like you new clean blog design.
Vicki

Spinning Out of Control said...

Yeah, these new designs are a lot more interesting than what they had before.

Terry said...

Love it nice to catchup with family and do something unplanned. Glad you all had fun.

Spinning Out of Control said...

Thanks! It was a lot of fun :)