Mar 2, 2011

Flour paste flowers pt.2

After letting the flour paste dry, I painted in the flowers I had scratched into the wet paste the day before. I used Procion MX Chocolate Brown.

After painting over the flowers, I crumpled the whole thing a little bit and applied the dye all over.

After washing by hand in cold water and washing soda. The crinkle effect didn't come out quite the way I wanted. I like using flour as a resist as opposed to wax. It's so easy to get and make and cheaper than soy wax, etc.

I thought I would include this. Psychodelic Llamas! These are screen printed using watercolor crayon and mat medium. I used white school glue for the resist (circles).

4 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

Very cool-nice work. Are you feeling better?

Spinning Out of Control said...

Yes, finally...thank you for asking :)

DEEP END OF THE LOOM said...

Really nice, love the vibrant colors of the llamas. I'm glad your feeling better, my throat is scratchy today, I dread getting it as it's been around our office with a vengence since January.

knittingdragonflies said...

OH cool! With flour! I've never seen this!
Very nice, I especially like the llamas!
Vicki