Mar 3, 2012

Busy bee

I have actually been very busy finishing projects and have gotten 3 done! Yay! Ok, well, almost done.


This is the wall hanging. I still have to hem the bottom and top. I got a dowel and nifty little knobby things to go on the ends to hang it from. I will post finished hanging.

This is the merino that I got last year in PA, all spun and plyed. Did I mention that I Love Spinning!

These are going to be pillows. They are little screen print butterflies on a soft denim material. I still need to heat set them. I think I will go back to block printing. Screen printing is ok, but I like the look of block printing better.


I've ordered some 3/2 perle cotton from the Mannings and am waiting for that to come. I'm going to weave a table runner in a bird's eye pattern...totally stepping out of my rug weaving comfort zone. Really looking forward to this project.

3 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

What lovely creative projects!!! The yarn is beautiful-you are really getting the hang of it!
The rug is to die for-nice work.
You will love the next weaving project!
YAY for you!

bspinner said...

I love the colors in your wall hanging. Did you dye it? Beautiful pillow cases. I've never done screen or block printing. You are so talented!

Janvi said...

This is really an informative blog. Thanks for sharing with us. Painting classes in delhi